Anna potatoes is available at the Concourse Steakhouse in the Contemporary Resort. The baked potato slices add a nice dynamic to any main dish.
- 4 or 5 large potatoes
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 small tub of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 80 grams butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 finely chopped shallots
- a “bunch” of snipped fresh chives
- 4 cloves of crushed garlic
- Salt & Peper to taste.
1. Preheat oven to 200C. If using a 12″ Cast Iron Skillet for this warm it up on a Medium / low heat.
2. Peel the potatoes and slice lengthwise as thin as possible; 1/16″ or 2mm is good. The thinner the better.
3. Spray the bottom and the sides of the hot skillet or a Baking dish with the vegetable oil cooking spray. Cover the bottom and sides with 1 layer of potatoes.
4. Sprinkle the potatoes with 1 layer of Parmesan cheese, butter, shallots, chives, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cover with another layer of the potatoes, leaving no gaps. Add another layer of cheese, butter and the seasonings. Follow this with a layer of potatoes, then cheese, butter and seasonings, and finally potatoes. Try and sprinkle the ingredients evenly, although sprinkling lumps of butter isn’t easy!
5. Spray the top layer with vegatable oil cooking spray. Bake in the preheated 200C oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the top is browned and crisp.
6. Remove the skillet from the oven and let the potatoes stand for 10 minutes. Carefully invert the potato cake onto a large serving plate. Slice and serve immediately, or let cool and then reheat just before serving.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.