Next up on the Great Disney Brit Cook off is Brownie Bottom Cheesecake from The Boardwalk Bakery
- 2 cups sugar (400g)
- 1 1/4 cups Plain Flour (150g)
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder (80g)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 5 eggs
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted and cooled (225g)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (115g)
- 3/4 cup sugar (170g)
- 3 tbs cornstarch
- 4 8-ounce boxes of cream cheese, softened (4 x 225g tubs)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs heavy cream
- 2 tbs sour cream
For the Brownie:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C) and grease and flour a 13×9 inch baking pan.
- Sift together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Beat in eggs one at a time on low speed, scraping the bowl occasionally and mixing until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to a prepared bakin pan and bake for about 30 minutes (until a toothpick inserted comes out clean). Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Let cool.
For the Cheesecake layer:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees (160 C).
- Blend sugar, cornstarch and cream cheese in a large bowl using an electric mixer. Add lemon juice and vanilla extract , mixing thoroughly. Add eggs one at a time, scraping bowl with each addition. Fold in heavy cream and sour cream.
- Spread batter on top of already-baked brownies. Bake 55-60 minutes, until cheesecake is lightly browned and firm.
- Cool completely and refrigerated at least one hour before slicing and serving.