Disney Mobile Magic App Available in the UK
After our little moan a few months back, it seems Disney may have taken pity on us Brits and you can now get hold of the Mobile Magic app for the iPhone in good old Blighty! For those of you heading out to Walt Disney World sometime soon, the free app can be found on iTunes here.
For those of you that have never heard of the app, take a look at the official description below:
Disney Mobile Magic – a fun and simple way to get the most out of your Disney Vacation. Use GPS-enabled maps to get around the Parks, locate some of your favorite characters for a special greeting and even make dining reservations.
When you are in the Parks you can check official attraction wait times and Disney’s FASTPASS® return times for the Park you’re in. You can also play trivia and plan your upcoming visit with the Favorites feature.
Disney Mobile Magic encompasses all of the Walt Disney World® Resort and Disneyland® Resort:
Walt Disney World Resort Interactive Guides:
– Magic Kingdom® Park
– Disney’s Hollywood Studios®
– Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Park
– Disney’s Blizzard Beach
– Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon
– Downtown Disney® Area
– Plus information on Dining and Disney Resort Hotels
Official Park & Attraction Information:
– Upon arrival into our Parks you will gain access to official wait times and FASTPASS® return times for the Park that you are in
– Review detailed information on attractions: photos, descriptions, locations, height requirements and more
Interactive GPS-Enabled Guide Maps:
– View each Park and it’s attractions, dining, character greetings and more with our interactive GPS-enabled Park guide maps
– Once you are in the Parks, view wait times at a glance on interactive guide maps
– Search for some of your favorite characters, find out where they are located, when you can meet them, and more
Dining Guide and Reservations:
– Explore our vast dining options by filtering your search by mealtime, location, cuisine type and more
– Check out restaurant menus and hours
– And best of all, make reservations right from your mobile phone
– Create a personalized tip board with all your must dos
– Plan your dream vacation by selecting favorite attractions, characters, and dining options
– Get in the Disney mood right away with the interactive Disney Trivia game — you can even challenge other Park guests with your Disney Trivia knowledge
The app can still be used in the UK, as it gives daily schedules, character meet and greets times, wait times categories by ride now, moderate etc. You can also look at images and videos of rides in each park, giving you another tool to plan and help you get excited about.
Unless you have international roaming data or access to wifi while in the US, it still has a limited use. It is unclear if it will give you more specific information from Disney resort rooms using the resort wide wifi or if it is park location specific but it is great that Disney have given us Brits something to enjoy playing with.