Disney have announced more details about Romance week that begins next week at the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort. Take a look.
Lake Buena Vista, Fla. — Love is in the air at Walt Disney World Resort as fairytale princesses find true love with their princes, and “happily ever after” becomes reality. It all happens during True Love Week February 11-17, 2013 at Walt Disney World Resort.
The weeklong love fest is all part of Limited Time Magic at Disney Parks, where each week in 2013 guests will be treated to a sprinkling of Disney magic where unexpected surprises and delights enhance vacation memories.
During True Love Week, a tapestry of romance is woven throughout the resort — from limited- time Valentine’s merchandise and special entertainment, to romantic dinners for two and new themed photo locations offering greetings with beloved Disney sweethearts – all for a limited-time only.
The weeklong event celebrates the love of friends and family, and invites couples to rekindle the flame. Here is the lineup:
- Romantic Setting: Guests will feel the romance at every turn, as banners proclaiming True Love, heart-shaped signage and sweetheart-themed décor adorn the Magic Kingdom.
- Blushing Castle: At dusk, hues of pink, red, lavender and blue bathe Cinderella Castle with themed lighting synced to a musical melodies adding to the ambiance.
- Dinners for Two: Candlelit dinners for two with prix fixe menus at select restaurants during the most romantic week of the year. Specially-created menus at Artist Point (Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort); The Wave…of American Flavors (Disney’s Contemporary Resort); Hollywood Brown Derby (Disney’s Hollywood Studios); Yachtsman Steakhouse (Disney’s Yacht Club Resort) make an ideal setting for a romantic evening. To book visit Disneyworld.com or call 407/WDW-DINE.
- Valentine’s-themed Takeaways: Limited-edition pins, plushes, newly-designed apparel and Vinylmations available at select merchandise locations.
- Royal Gathering: The rare opportunity to get a photo with Disney Princes as they escort their Princesses to enchanting character greeting locations.
- In Town Square Theater you may find Mickey and Minnie, Aurora with Phillip or Rapunzel and Flynn. Mary Poppins joins Bert in Fantasyland, while Prince Naveen and Princess Tiana meet guests in the Enchanted Glade in Liberty Square.
Romantic Photo Locations in Magic Kingdom with your Sweetie:
- Carriage Awaits: New Fantasyland invites lovers to create memories alongside Cinderella’s Glass Coach situated by the new Castle wall for True Love Week.
- Wishes Come True: Hearts and flowers enhance Cinderella’s Wishing Well creating the perfect backdrop for a cherished moment.
- Rose Walk: The Rose Garden in Central Plaza is all decked out with enchanting decor.
Romantic Touches: Long stem roses, chocolate covered strawberries, the finest champagne, or scattered rose petals create a romantic scene for lovebirds, all available through the Disney florist at www.disneyflorist.com.
Elegant Oasis for Relaxation: An aromatherapy couples’ massage is just the escape after a day with the kids in the theme park. Couples’ massages are available at the newly opened, full-service Senses, A Disney Spa at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.
Perfectly Princess: Join your prince for the ultimate fairytale come true with a customized Disney wedding or honeymoon getaway. More than 1,000 couples get married, or renew their wedding vows in romantic settings in various locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort every year. Visit DisneyWeddings.com for more information.
Disneyland Park in California will celebrate True Love week with similar in-park offerings. Visit Disneyland.com for updates.
For more information about “Limited Time Magic,” guests may visit www.LimitedTimeMagic.com or search for Twitter hashtag #LimitedTimeMagic.
For those of you interested in the romantic meals for two. You can find details of each menus below:
The Hollywood Brown Derby
$70 per person
– Colossal Prawn Stuffed with luscious Blue Lump Crab over a creamy Polenta with White Cheddar and Chorizo Locally grown tender Greens tossed in Cranberry Honey Vanilla Vinaigrette with succulent Strawberries, Fennel Pollen, Lavender Goat Cheese, and Spiced Pecans
– Glazed Filet of Beef with a Red Wine Reduction topped with Cabernet and Shallot Butter, velvety Mousseline Potatoes and Asparagus
– Sweetheart Dessert Duo for sharing: Chocolate Praline Hearth with a tantalizing Strawberry Champagne cake
$35 per person
– Caribbean Conch Chowder with Cornbread Crouton
– Seared Ribeye with Herb Butter sauce, Plantain & White Sweet Potato Gratin, Grilled Asparagus Shutters
– Chocolate & Strawberry Sweetheart dessert
$70 per person
Butter Poached Lobster with Local Florida Avocado
Local Heirloom Tomato Tower with Buffalo Mozzarella, Organic Basil Oil, Toasted Pine Nut Brittle, and a Balsamic Fig Emulsion
Duck Confit Rillette with Florida Candied Kumquats, Almond Praline, Vanilla Bean Powder, Organic Micro Chervil, and a Sweet Tarragon Aioli Pasture Prime Farms
Grilled Wagyu Rib-eye with Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Brown Butter Asparagus, and a Black Truffle Bordelaise Organic Infused Citrus Truffle Torte
$75 per person
Amuse – Oysters and Pearls, Moscato Sabayon, Caviar, Sorrel
Appetizers – Choice of: Caesar Salad Crisp Romaine, Aged Parmigiano-Reggiano, Foccacia Croutons; Shrimp Cocktail House-made Cocktail Sauce, Meyer Lemon Gel, Fennel; Seared Scallops Cauliflower Puree, Pancetta, Lemon Verbena Nage; or Gnocchi Acqua Pazza, Poached Hen Egg, Forest Mushrooms
Entrees – Choice of: Filet Mignon Oak-fired 8-oz Filet, Mashed Potatoes, Red Wine Sauce; New York Strip 12-oz Strip Steak, Peppercorn Brandy Sauce, Potato Gratin; Twin Lobster Tails Vanilla Buerre Blanc, Parsnips, Grilled Lemon; Butternut Squash Tortelloni Sunchoke Bisque, Wild Mushrooms, Foraged Greens; Ahi Tuna Pommes Mousseline, Jardiniere Vegetables, Truffle-Verjus Vinaigrette; or Long Island Duck Celeriac Pure´e, Chestnuts, Kumquats, Port Jus
Dessert – Chocolate strawberries
Toasting celebration – Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Yellow Label Brut, Reims NV (full flute), Cakebread Cellars, Napa Valley (2oz), Groth Cabernet Sauvignon (2oz), Meeker Fro-Zin, Russian River (2 oz)
Amuse Bouche – Kumamoto Oyster with Caramelized Bok Choy, Double Smoked Bacon, and Washington State Apple Sambal
Second Course – Sea Salt-roasted Heirloom Beets with Charred Leek “Soil”, Date Pure´e, Goat Cheese, Candied Pecans, and Maple-Cider Vinaigrette
Third Course – Cedar Plank-roasted King Salmon with Butternut Squash, Baby Fennel, Rapini, and Pinot Noir; Grilled Hand-cut “Black Angus” Filet Mignon with Truffle Campanelle and Cheese, Foraged Mushroom Ragou^t, and “Chocolate” Merlot Gastrique; or Crispy Buttermilk-dipped All-Natural Airline Chicken with Herb Spa¨tzle, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Bacon Jam, and Garlic-Tomato Broth
Fourth Course – Valrhona Chocolate Indulgence with Local Strawberries