Banana Bread Pudding
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yield: 12 servings
2 cups Milk
2 cups Heavy Cream
1 cup 3 T. Sugar
7 each Whole Eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
4 tablespoons Butter
3 each Bananas, sliced
5 cups Croissants, brioche, or challah bread, cubed or one whole loaf of Texas toast, cubed
1. Cut day-old croissant, brioche, challah, or Texas toast into cubes. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl and using an electric mixer, combine milk, cream, sugar, cinnamon, and beaten eggs.
3. In a 9×9 square or round pan, place one layer of bread on bottom. Place bananas on top, followed by a layer of bread.
4. Pour custard mixture over the entire dish, filling it 2/3 to ¾ full. Press top bread layer into custard to prevent the bread from drying out. Add more custard if necessary.
5. Place butter chunks on top of bread pudding.
6. Bake at 300 degrees for one hour or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
7. Serve with vanilla sauce (recipe below).
3 cups Heavy Cream
1 ½ cups Milk
1 ½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
9 tablespoons Sugar
2 tablespoons Cornstarch
6 each Egg Yolks
1. Heat up milk, vanilla, heavy cream, and sugar.
2. Combine cornstarch with egg yolks.
3. Once liquid boils, temper some of the liquid into the yolks and stir vigorously. Then return tempered yolks into the pot.
4. Turn off the heat and stir continuously until well combined and thickened.
5. Transfer the sauce into a bowl and set over an ice bath to cool.
Remember to send in your photos of your cooking to email@example.com