The Great DB Cookoff – Carrot Cake Cookies
We continue our series on the Great DB Cook Off and we continue with the sweet tooth theme. Over the next two weeks we are asking you to follow the recipe below and bake your own batch of Carrot Cake Cookies, as made famous in the Writer’s Stop Cafe in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Once you’ve made them, take a picture of the finished product and send it along to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line 2 large baking sheets with a silicon baking mats or parchment paper lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
3. On a separate sheet of parchment paper, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla until combined.
5. Add in the applesauce and grated carrots and mix to combine.
6. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
7. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the batter into round shapes on the prepared pans. The cookies won’t spread much so you will want to shape them the way you want them. I made mine about 3 inches wide.
8. Bake for 9-11 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean.
9. Allow the cookies to cool on the sheet pan for a few minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
10. When the cookies are cool, prepare the frosting.
In a medium bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese, using an electric mixer, until smooth and combined. Add the powdered sugar and beat until creamy. Add the vanilla and mix until incorporated.
11. Pair off the cooled cookies, doing your best to match cookies in shape and size.
12. Pipe or spoon the cream cheese frosting on the bottom side of one cookie and top with the matching cookie. Gently press the cookies together so everything sticks together.
13. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.