Once again, it’s time to reveal what the next recipe is that we will be trying over the next couple of weeks and just how you can get involved. This time, we head to the Hollywood Brown Derby in Disney Hollywood Studios for their Banana Toffee Mousse on Cocoa Crunch. We will be making and reviewing it on the next Disneybrit Radio Show and we would love for you to have a go and send us a photo of your creation. You can send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Banana Toffee Mousse on Cocoa Crunch
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon powdered gelatin
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 medium bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 12 tablespoons crushed chocolate cookies
- 1/2 cup chocolate-covered toffee pieces
- Place white chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl set over a small saucepan of simmering water, making sure bottom of bowl does not touch water. Melt chocolate, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place eggs, egg yolks, and sugar in double boiler over simmering water; whisk for 4 minutes and remove from heat.
- Sprinkle gelatin over hot water in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes. Microwave 10 seconds, stirring gelatin until melted. Set aside.
- Beat eggs and sugar together in the bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy. Stir in gelatin mixture, then mashed bananas. Fold in melted white chocolate.
- Whip heavy cream to soft peaks in a separate large bowl. Gently fold whipped cream into banana mixture to create mousse. Divide mixture in half.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon chocolate cookie crumbs in the bottom of 12 1/2-cup ramekins. Evenly top each with half of mousse. Add thin layer of toffee pieces. Repeat process with remaining mousse.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
If you want some help in making your dessert, take a look at the Disney video that explains it all, step by step.