On the 1st of February 2013, Tony Baxter posted his letter of resignation. Stating that his role in imagineering would change from Senior Vice President, Creative Development at Walt Disney Imagineering to Part time advisor to WDI. After more than 30 years in the company, Tony has certainly made his make.
Tony’s first major project was Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, which showcased his talents and creativity. From here it was obvious he had “cut his teeth” and found himself being assigned to more and more important projects. During his time in WDI he was responsible for:
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (1979)
- Re-design of Disneyland‘s Fantasyland ( 1983)
- The Original Journey Into Imagination Pavilion (1983)
- Splash Mountain (1989)
- Disneyland Paris (1992)
- Indiana Jones Adventure 1995)
- Re-design of Disneyland‘s Tomorrowland (1998)
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage at Disneyland (2007)
- Re-design of Disneyland‘s Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough (2008)
His largest project that he worked on was when he was the executive producer for Disneyland Paris. Windows pay homage to him on main street USA.
During a recent refurb of Thunder Mountain the above portrait was added and is a timely tribute to the man, who helped shape the Mountain.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.