Walt Disney World Launches Search for New Holiday Expert in the UK
On 12th September, Walt Disney World Resort in Florida will be launching a search for a British mum or dad to become the latest UK addition to the Walt Disney World ‘Moms Panel’.
The new British panellist will join a team of around 30 holiday planning experts from across the globe answering questions, offering advice and addressing specific concerns of families planning a trip to Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida.
The panel was set up in 2008 as an online holiday forum and has grown to become a vacation planning phenomenon. In 2010, working mum Emma Nicholson from Morecombe Lancashire became the official UK representative on the panel which is now seeking a second British mum or dad. Applicants must have a passion for planning holidays, need to be willing to write a minimum of 25 responses per week and must have visited the resort in the last 12 months.
Ginger Taggart, Executive Marketing Director at Disney Destinations International said: “With more than twenty Resort hotels, four Theme Parks, two Water Parks, shopping, dining, entertainment and more, planning a vacation to Walt Disney World® Resort from the UK can leave some guests feeling a bit overwhelmed. We are looking for a special UK mum or dad who loves planning a holiday to Walt Disney World to join the panel to share their experiences and advice with guests from the UK”.
Emma Nicholson, 28 from Morecombe Lancashire who is the current British mom and will remain on the panel again next year said “With the 2012 Moms Panel search launching on September 12th, my best advice to anyone who will be applying to be the next UK Mum is to be yourself and let your enthusiasm and love of Disney shine through”.
The successful applicant will be invited to travel to Florida in December for training in the role.
Walt Disney World® Resort will begin accepting applications after 9:00 am EST on September 12, 2011 until September 16, 11:59 pm EST.
· Be 18 years of age or older.
· Be a UK resident.
· Have access to a computer and an Internet connection.
· Be familiar with Walt Disney World® or Disneyland Resort and have visited one of the parks at least once in the last 12 months.
· Be fluent in the English language.
· Complete at least twenty-five written responses per week.
· Provide your opinions and feedback.
· Submit an autobiography and personal photo and/or video to be posted online.
· Be available to travel to Walt Disney World® Resort from December 9-13, 2011.
· Be willing to participate for a minimum of 24 months.
· Not be current employees/Cast Members of The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries, must not be immediate family members of a current employee/Cast Member of The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries, and must not currently reside with a current employee/Cast Member of The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries. In addition, participants must not be employees, contractors, advisors or consultants for, must not hold more than a de minimis ownership interest in, and must not serve on the Board of Directors of, any entity of The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries which owns or operates any hotel, resort or theme park located in Orange, Osceola, Lake or Seminole Counties, Florida.
· Not be currently employed in the travel or theme park industries, and not be an immediate family member of, or currently reside with, people currently employed in the travel or theme park industries.
· Persons who are selected as panellists will receive compensation based on their contract and the product line that they represent.
It Walt Disney World Resort’s policy to provide equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.